Commissions / Institutions (Politics Land I)
The engagement for the rights of national minorities and autochthonous groups is also political work. Within the framework of the last years a few links to state departments and own structures has developed. Here we number a few of them:
Politics in the state of Schleswig Holstein
the Government of Schleswig Holstein has published a minority report for the period 2009 to 2012).
Download link (available in German only)
For the implentation of the European Charter for Regional or minority languages an additional report was tabled on 6th June 2007.
Download_link (available in German obly)
The next report of this kind will probably be published in 2012.
Commissioner for Minority Issues in Schleswig-Holstein
Politics for national minorities and autochthonous groups has since the foundation of Schleswig Holstein always been a specific subject for the Governments and the Parliament in Schleswig Holstein. A Commissioner for Minority Issues in Schleswig-Holstein (former commissioner for the so-called borderland) exists since 1988. Since 12th June 2012 Renate Schnack is the present Commissioner in Schleswig-Holstein.
Furthermore there are following commissions / institutions
• Commission for minority issues on national level in Schleswig-Holstein
• Commission for minority issues on federal level in Germany
• Commissioner for Minority Issues on federal level in Germany
• Council of minorities in Germany
• Interparlamentarian workshop for minorities
• Office for all national minorities and autochthonos groups in Germany